Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections
What is PRP Therapy and How Can it Help with My Pain?
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments are 100% natural, is a non-surgical, in-office, almost painless procedure that takes 30-45 minutes to perform. The procedure utilizes your “own” platelet enriched blood plasma to stimulate 4 different “growth factors” in the body. These growth factors and other cytokines stimulate healing and pain reduction harnessing your own innate ability to heal. Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), 1 of 4 found in PRP, increase cell healing “proliferation” by as much as 800%
How Does the MW Hormone Center of KC Perform PRP Treatments?
- Your blood is drawn, processed, and the platelet rich fraction is injected into the injured site. The whole process takes less than one hour. You may experience between 2-5 days of soreness after treatment.
Can Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatments Help Heal Injuries?
- YES!! We are entering an era of biologic treatments where you can use your own cells to help repair other cells. This nonsurgical treatment has been used successfully in patients with injuries to their arms, shoulders, hips, knees, neck, back, elbow, ankle, feet and lower legs, particularly those that affect soft tissue areas. Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection Therapy is a breakthrough in regenerative medicine for treating slow-healing conditions such as Tendinitis, Osteoarthritis, or Sports Injuries. Many elite athletes opt for the injection treatment to eliminate pain and promote healing, without any of the recovery time needed after surgical correction.
How Many PRP Treatments are Needed for Help Repair Injuries?
- Depending on the specific problem, multiple treatments may be required.
- PRP therapy is a low-risk non-invasive procedure. It uses the body’s own cells and natural biological healing process. The concentrated platelet rich plasma jump starts and significantly strengthens the body’s natural healing process.
Could I Benefit From A Pain Recovery Treatment?
Take the Pain and Injury Recovery Assessment